Occupational Health And Safety Policy
We respect our employees, the environment, and the communities in which we operate.
The Victoria Group of Companies (Victoria Group) is committed to the health and safety of its employees and visitors in our work places. Protection from injury and providing an environment conductive to the maintenance of good health are primary objectives of our business. All our employees are expected to commit to these objectives and strive to eliminate all injuries in our workplaces.
Victoria Group will achieve these objectives by:
- providing the necessary resources (equipment, people, training and funding);
- assessing and managing risks to all individuals on our work sites;
- ensuring compliance with all legislation;
- developing appropriate health and safety programs;
- ongoing reviews of safety and health programs to ensure effectiveness; and
- providing working environments which support our health and safety programs.
Management including contractors is accountable for:
- assessing and managing workplace hazards;
- ensuring that equipment and workplaces are maintained in safe condition;
- ensuring that employees work in compliance with regulations, approved policies & procedures;
- ensuring that employees have adequate training to safely complete their work tasks; and
- implementing effective emergency preparedness systems.
All employees are accountable for their own safety and for the safety of their fellow workers and must ensure they comply with all safety and health regulations, policies, procedures and instructions.
Minimizing injuries and the maintenance of good health is the joint responsibility of our management and employees.